Forum: Ruby example of Net:HTTP::Put ?

Chris McMahon (Guest)
I've been trying to use Net::HTTP:Put.  My server isn't returning any
errors, but I'm not accomplishing anything either.  Googling turns up
very little.

Are there any examples of an HTTP PUT command using Ruby on the web?
Eden L. (Guest)
Here's a quick and dirty one.  You can find more about Net::HTTP via
its rdocs. If you've installed ri on your system, run `ri
Net::HTTP#send_request` and `ri Net::HTTP`

#!/usr/bin/env ruby
require 'net/http'

unless uri = (URI.parse(ARGV.shift) rescue nil)
  puts "Usage: #$0 <url>"
  exit
end

puts "Sending PUT #{uri.request_uri} to #{uri.host}:#{uri.port}"
Net::HTTP.start(uri.host, uri.port) do |http|
  headers = {'Content-Type' => 'text/plain; charset=utf-8'}
  put_data = "put payload"
  response = http.send_request('PUT', uri.request_uri, put_data,
headers)
  puts "Response #{response.code} #{response.message}:
#{response.body}"
end

On May 12, 8:50 am, Chris McMahon <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Chris McMahon (Guest)
Sorry for the late reply...
Any chance of also negotiating a 302 redirect?

<title>302 Found</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Found</h1>
p>
Carl (Guest)
Chris McMahon <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> writes:

> Sorry for the late reply...
> Any chance of also negotiating a 302 redirect?
>
> <title>302 Found</title>
> </head><body>
> <h1>Found</h1>
> p>

There is a section on following redirection on the ruby-doc site. See:
http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/net/http/rdo...

Hope that helps,
Carl.