Forum: Ruby on Rails Ruby and H2/HSqlDb

dt (Guest)

Any way to actually get the H2 or HSQLDB working under rails (instead
of MySQL)? Looking at the supported databases right now for
ActiveRecord:

RAILS_CONNECTION_ADAPTERS = %w( mysql postgresql sqlite firebird
sqlserver db2 oracle sybase openbase frontbase )

H2/HSQLDB are not supported. Is there a driver for these? What about
Derby if not? Also, they seem to support JDBC, but I couldn't find
JDBC driver also (there is one for JRuby, but it won't work under
Rails - at least I couldn't make it work).
Isak H. (Guest)
On 5/11/07, dt <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> H2/HSQLDB are not supported. Is there a driver for these? What about
> Derby if not? Also, they seem to support JDBC, but I couldn't find
> JDBC driver also (there is one for JRuby, but it won't work under
> Rails - at least I couldn't make it work).

I'm not aware of any non-java jdbc driver.

If you want an embedded db, and using JRuby is not an option, consider
SQLite3.

Isak