Forum: Ruby on Rails Redbox w/ IE 7

Vince W. (Guest)
on 2007-05-11 20:02
I've got redbox working perfectly on Firefox but I get *nothing* on IE7.
I've exported version 9 (the most recent) which says it has
compatibility for Internet Explorer.

Without firebug on IE7 I'm at a loss as to where to look.  Does anyone
know what might be causing this?

My call code is very simple:

<%= link_to_remote_redbox 'Login', :url => {:controller => 'sessions',
:action => 'new'} %>

Thanks,
Vince
wolfmanjm (Guest)
i tried to use redbox too and as you say it works fine on firefox,
however on ie7 I do get the redbox but it is squished over to the
right edge of the window, and is transparent.

so basically unusable.

There are a number of patches mentioned in the comments on this blog,
but none seemed to fix my problems, YMMV

http://blog.craigambrose.com/past/2006/9/22/redbox...

On May 11, 9:02 am, "Vince W." <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
seth b. (Guest)
.......There's always subModal :p

http://sublog.subimage.com/articles/category/submodal

http://sublog.subimage.com/articles/2006/01/01/subModal

On 5/11/07, wolfmanjm <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

--
--------------------
seth at subimage interactive
Subimage Interactive wrote:
> .......There's always subModal :p
>
> http://sublog.subimage.com/articles/category/submodal
>
> http://sublog.subimage.com/articles/2006/01/01/subModal

Ok, so I'm curious.  How does one convert:

<button onclick="showPopWin('modalContent.html', 400, 200, null);">show
modal window button</button>

into something where I can call my rails action?  Is there an equivalent
of link_to_remote_redbox ?
seth b. (Guest)
Write a helper.

As you'll see there's also a class you could put on a link tag....

<%= link_to("My Link", { :action => 'some_action' }, :class =>
'submodal-400-400') %>

You really don't need a custom rails helper.

On 5/12/07, Vince W. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

--