Forum: Ruby on Rails rake without code evaluation?

Danny (Guest)
on 2007-05-11 13:25
Hey people,

Here's a problem I have. I have a table inside my database which
contains ruby/rails code snippets. When I use rake db:fixtures:load and
it starts to import my snippets table it starts evaluating the code
snippets inside the table which breaks the rake operation.

Is there a sollution to this problem?

Thanks very much in advance,

Danny
Pete Y. (Guest)
On 11/05/2007, at 7:25 PM, Danny wrote:

> Here's a problem I have. I have a table inside my database which
> contains ruby/rails code snippets. When I use rake db:fixtures:load
> and
> it starts to import my snippets table it starts evaluating the code
> snippets inside the table which breaks the rake operation.

Huh? Code in fields in the database will never get run unless you've
written something to run it!

Can you show some of your code and give some example data?

Pete Y.
http://notahat.com/
Faisal N Jawdat (Guest)
On 11/05/2007, at 7:25 PM, Danny wrote:
> Here's a problem I have. I have a table inside my database which
> contains ruby/rails code snippets. When I use rake db:fixtures:load
> and it starts to import my snippets table it starts evaluating the
> code snippets inside the table which breaks the rake operation.

fixtures files are yaml files which can contain ruby code.  this lets
you do things like have a database.yml with conditional configuration
based on the user, etc.  as a guess (i haven't worked with this), the
problem lies there, and you'll need to come up with a way to
appropriately escape the code.

-faisal