Forum: Ruby on Rails Querying using Ruby on Rails

Venugopal (Guest)
on 2007-05-11 11:21
Hi Everyone....

I'need to query using Ruby on rails...dynamically rather than hard
coding the
statement like:
select* from authors where name="Hello";

i need to get the value of the name from a text box in the earlier page
and transfer the value to the next page and  have a statement like

select * from author where name=" #{@username}"

similar to this so tat my search could be dynamic ....

i've tried with find_by_sql... but don't know which file i need to add
the code...

Thanks & Regards

Venugopal
Yuri L. (Guest)
Hey,

In Rails you rarely need to use find_by_sql.

You can easily do things like this with
   Author.find_by_name(username)

Why don't read a bit more about ActiveRecord and Rails in general?

Cheers,
Yuri

On 5/11/07, Venugopal <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> Venugopal