Forum: Ruby on Rails error with gem install rails

Andrew C. (Guest)
on 2007-05-11 00:07
On a Windows 2000 server , I have installed ruby. but when I try to
install rails I get this error. Any Ideas?

C:\>gem install rails --include-dependencies
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::RemoteFetcher::FetchError)
    Bad file descriptor - connect(2)(Errno::EBADF)

Andrew
Terry D. (Guest)
Have you tried doing it again?  I've seen gem install rails fail a few
times
on several OSes.  I usually just run it again and it works.  But I don't
think I've seen that particular error.

On 5/10/07, Andrew C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> --

Terry (TAD) Donaghe