Forum: Radiant CMS Problem installing extension

Achim D. (Guest)

I have just updated my radiant gem to the latest version. Then I
created a new application which works fine so far. Then I installed
the Gallery Extension from http://darcs.bigchieflabs.com/radiant/
extensions/gallery/rdoc/, following the instructions. But when I call
rake radiant:extensions:gallery:install, I get the following error:

rake aborted!
uninitialized constant AppExtension

I have no idea what's going on. Any hint how to debug?

regards,
Achim
Andrea F. (Guest)
I'll try the gallery extension with the latest version of radiant
asap..let me know if you find the bug!!!
thank you ;)

Il giorno 10/mag/07, alle ore 15:21, Achim D. ha scritto:

> I have no idea what's going on. Any hint how to debug?
>
> regards,
> Achim

-----
Andrea F.

removed_email_address@domain.invalid
http://bigchieflabs.com/blog/
http://think.bigchief.it
Sean C. (Guest)
Generally, when you run into the unintialized constant ___Extension
error, it means a directory is misnamed.  The reason for this is
Radiant takes the directories under vendor/extensions one by one and
transforms them into class names like so:

fuzzy_bears => FuzzyBearsExtension
page_attachments => PageAttachmentsExtension

This is how Radiant finds the extension file and class.  That said, I
suspect you checked out/exported the extension directly into
vendor/extensions (it's looking for an AppExtension which would be in
the 'app' directory -- a standard directory *inside* individual
extensions).  You should delete the files and try again, with checking
out the files into vendor/extensions/gallery.

Sean
p.s. FuzzyBears are dead... Long live FuzzyBears! ;)
Achim D. (Guest)
Thanks for your detailed answer! Radiant seems to have some problems
with my Sqlite installation, but using MySQL and following your
advice, I was able to install the gallery extension.

regards,
Achim