Forum: Ruby on Rails Dynamic counter?

Ram (Guest)

   In a form I have a text area T and a disable text field C (for
counter).
   C must show dynamically how many characters have been typed in T.
Should
   I go in for a Javascript solution (or Ajax) or is there any other
way?

   Thanks,
   Ram.
Yuri L. (Guest)
Hey

I think things like this are solved by one simple line of javascript.

Cheers,
Yuri

On 5/10/07, Ram <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

>    Thanks,
>    Ram.
>
> --

Best regards,
Yuri L.
Michael D. Ivey (Guest)
>    In a form I have a text area T and a disable text field C (for
> counter).
>    C must show dynamically how many characters have been typed in T.
> Should
>    I go in for a Javascript solution (or Ajax) or is there any other
> way?

I needed something similar a few months ago, and wrote some simple
helpers:
http://snippets.dzone.com/posts/show/2875