Forum: GNU Radio Windows installation... failure to find the USRP std.ihx fil

John C. (Guest)
I've setup things on a Windows platform and wended my way through the
various
required packages and build processes.

I'm at the point now where I run 'usrp_fft.py', and I receive a
diagnostic
to the effect of 'can't find std.ihx'. I did a search and the file is in
the following
'Msys/MinGW' environment:

/usr/local/share/usrp/rev?/std.ihx
where '?' is either 2 or 4.

So, the question is, what environment setting or what have you, is not
right so that the firmware file is not found correctly.

I have verified that the USRP does get loaded up if I run the diagnostic
exe files.

Thanks
John C..
Don W. (Guest)
John C. wrote on Wednesday, May 09, 2007 at 8:30 PM:

> where '?' is either 2 or 4.
>
> So, the question is, what environment setting or what have you, is not
> right so that the firmware file is not found correctly.
>
> I have verified that the USRP does get loaded up if I run the diagnostic
> exe files.

The problem is that GNU Radio is looking in the directory listed above,
but
the Windows C runtime library doesn't recognize MSYS filenames.  You can
fix
this by doing

export USRP_PATH=C:/msys/1.0/local/share/usrp

(from your MSYS shell) before running GNU Radio.

This is a general problem with all absolute file paths that are built
into
the code without being set by the configure process.

-- Don W.