Forum: Ruby installing the compiled binaries windows

gino (Guest)
on 2007-05-10 01:34
there's tow options for installing ruby on windows, the one clikc
installer, and installing the complied binares,
well, I don't know how to install the complied binaries, I downloaded
it, copied on my d partition,
I don't know what they mean with install, o didn't see any setup, so, I
juste copied to this location d:\ruby
now I'm trying to install the gems, and can't do it,
with the one click installer I after installation a could just
go d:\rubygems\ setup.rb, that easy,
I think ruby is not installed, so please help me
I don't want to use the one click installer, because I want to learn how
to do it my self, so see what installs and what else a need to install
thanks if you tell me how
Michael W. Ryder (Guest)
gino wrote:
> I don't want to use the one click installer, because I want to learn how
> to do it my self, so see what installs and what else a need to install
> thanks if you tell me how

Did you make sure that the ruby\bin directory is in your path?
Longinos L. (Guest)
on 2007-05-10 03:13
Michael W. Ryder wrote:

> Did you make sure that the ruby\bin directory is in your path?

That was it, it was the path
you have to forgiveme I'm a newvie
Longinos L. (Guest)
on 2007-05-10 03:34
I changed the Path, but now other programs can't find the Path, I think
I did it wrong,
how do I change the path?
ChrisH (Guest)
On May 9, 7:34 pm, Longinos L. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I changed the Path, but now other programs can't find the Path, I think
> I did it wrong,
> how do I change the path?
>
> --

I'd suggest using the One-click installer.  Is there a specific reason
not too?

Cheers
Chris