Forum: Ruby Gmailer

David Alm (Guest)
Hello,

I'm experimenting with the Gmailer gem.

I'd like to extend it to be able to pull down Contact *groups*.
Currently,
it does "frequently mailed" and "all".

Does anyone know where to locate such API info?

Thanks,
Dave
Chase S. (Guest)
Dave,

I assume that you've checked here:
http://code.google.com/apis/

I didn't see a specific GMail API

Chase
Chase S. (Guest)
I probably mailed that last comment too soon.

Do you mean about the gmailer gem?
http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/gmailer/
Park H. (Guest)

>I'd like to extend it to be able to pull down Contact *groups*. Currently,
>it does "frequently mailed" and "all".
>
>Does anyone know where to locate such API info?
>
>Thanks,
>Dave

Currently, Gmailer supports "frequently mailed" and "all".
You can get contact list like this:

GMailer.connect(name, pwd) do |g|
     puts "Your frequently used addresses:"
     g.fetch(:contact=>"freq").each do |item|
       puts "Name: #{item.name} Email: #{item.email}"
     end

     puts "Your all addresses:"
     g.fetch(:contact=>"all").each do |item|
       puts "Name: #{item.name} Email: #{item.email}"

The next version will support user defined contact groups.

Regards,
Park H.