Forum: Ruby on Rails how to create a forum using ROR

dhaval (Guest)
on 2007-05-05 16:34
hello

Can u tell me how can i create a forum using ROR

thanks
Jamal S. (Guest)
on 2007-05-05 17:13
dhaval wrote:
> hello
>
> Can u tell me how can i create a forum using ROR
>
> thanks

Have you done anything else?
Nathan F. (Guest)
A good example of forum software written in Rails is Beast:

   http://beast.caboo.se/

dhaval (Guest)
on 2007-05-05 21:00
Jamal S. wrote:
> dhaval wrote:
>> hello
>>
>> Can u tell me how can i create a forum using ROR
>>
>> thanks
>
> Have you done anything else?

yeh created a blog
dasil003 (Guest)
Write some models to store the users and the posts.  Then write some
controllers to create, read, update and delete the users and the
posts.  That is the Rails way.
stevepoll (Guest)
A good discussion on creating a forum using ROR can be found in the
book "Beginning Ruby on Rails E-Commerce" by Christian Hellsten and
Jarkko L. (Apress). There is a problem, however. The text
recommends the acts_as_threaded plugin to help with the forum
implentation. The issue is that the download location for
acts_as_threaded (http://www.railtie.net/plugins/acts_as_threaded.zip)
is not functioning. Does anyone know of an alternate download site for
acts_as_threaded?
Jamal S. (Guest)
on 2007-05-06 03:53
dhaval wrote:
> Jamal S. wrote:
>> dhaval wrote:
>>> hello
>>>
>>> Can u tell me how can i create a forum using ROR
>>>
>>> thanks
>>
>> Have you done anything else?
>
> yeh created a blog

Well it's exactly like blog :)

post = topic
comments => replies

:D
Jamal S. (Guest)
on 2007-05-06 03:54
stevepoll wrote:
> A good discussion on creating a forum using ROR can be found in the
> book "Beginning Ruby on Rails E-Commerce" by Christian Hellsten and
> Jarkko L. (Apress). There is a problem, however. The text
> recommends the acts_as_threaded plugin to help with the forum
> implentation. The issue is that the download location for
> acts_as_threaded (http://www.railtie.net/plugins/acts_as_threaded.zip)
> is not functioning. Does anyone know of an alternate download site for
> acts_as_threaded?

http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/Acts_as_threaded

Seems dead!
Stan (Guest)
On May 5, 11:50 am, stevepoll <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> implentation. The issue is that the download location for
> acts_as_threaded (http://www.railtie.net/plugins/acts_as_threaded.zip)
> is not functioning. Does anyone know of an alternate download site for
> acts_as_threaded?

http://i.nfectio.us/plugins/acts_as_threaded.zip
stevepoll (Guest)
On May 8, 1:01 pm, Stan <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> On May 5, 11:50 am, stevepoll <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>
> > implentation. The issue is that the download location for
> > acts_as_threaded (http://www.railtie.net/plugins/acts_as_threaded.zip)
> > is not functioning. Does anyone know of an alternate download site for
> > acts_as_threaded?
>
> http://i.nfectio.us/plugins/acts_as_threaded.zip

Thanks Stan!