Forum: Ruby Ruby-based intro programming course?

Tom P. (Guest)
I'm considering switching from C++ to Ruby in our CS1 course.  Does
anyone know of places this has been tried?  Is it working?
Satish T. (Guest)
On 5/5/07, Tom P. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> I'm considering switching from C++ to Ruby in our CS1 course.  Does
> anyone know of places this has been tried?  Is it working?
>
> Pat Eyler's old post could get you started. See here -
http://www.oreillynet.com/ruby/blog/2006/02/ruby_a...
Robert D. (Guest)
On 5/5/07, John J. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> It's kind of new and a bit confusing at times due to art.
Really, we are just in 0.4, I think it has great value.
Why is a hack of a hecker, or something like that ;)

Cheers
Robert
John J. (Guest)
On May 6, 2007, at 1:28 AM, Robert D. wrote:

> Sorry if this OT but following some of the links given in this thread
> I just discovered this.
>
> http://hacketyhack.net/
>
> Amazing that I have not read about this before here!

It's kind of new and a bit confusing at times due to art.
Robert D. (Guest)
Sorry if this OT but following some of the links given in this thread
I just discovered this.

http://hacketyhack.net/

Amazing that I have not read about this before here!

Cheers
Robert
Bil K. (Guest)

Tom P. wrote:
> I'm considering switching from C++ to Ruby in our CS1 course.  Does
> anyone know of places this has been tried?  Is it working?

FWIW, some background material:

Regards,