Forum: Ruby on Rails Sending email without using ActionMailer

Kiran (Guest)

I am getting problem using action mailer. can some one advice what are
the other options for sending email in ruby on rails

Thanks
Kiran
Stephan W. (Guest)
on 2007-05-05 03:29
Kiran wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am getting problem using action mailer. can some one advice what are
> the other options for sending email in ruby on rails
>
> Thanks
> Kiran

You could try following

 http://ruby.about.com/od/tutorials/ss/ruby_email_5.htm

where they explain how to use "net/smtp"

If that doesn't help -- what are your difficulties?

Stephan
Mohit S. (Guest)
Stephan W. wrote:

There's one more thing that should be added to the code and explanation
given there. After you follow through the code given on that page, you
may find that the basic sample code is lacking in one major respect – it
does not set the date on the outgoing email. That means that there is no
specific “sent time” for the email and its treatment depends on the
email client. For example, Thunderbird marks it with the date/ time at
which it was downloaded.

I wrote up this and its simple solution here:
http://notepad.onghu.com/2007/3/26/sending-email-with-ruby

Hope it helps.
Cheers,
Mohit.