Forum: GNU Radio Help with Usrp Board test

Melody S (Guest)

I am trying to test my Usrp board, but there are two problems,

1 ) I have downloaded and install the gnuradio from Subversion and as
long
as I look through the usrp/share/rev2, I have the files

multi_2rxhb_2tx.rbf
std_2rxhb_2tx.rbf
std_4rx_0tx.rbf
std.ihx

and I don't have the files usrp_firmware.ihx and usrp_fpga.rbf

should I download them and install or this is because of subversion?

2) Also when I try to run this command
./test_usrp_standard_tx

I get the following errors

usb_control_msg failed: usb_control_msg(DeviceRequestTO): pipe is
stalled
usb_control_msg failed: usb_control_msg(DeviceRequestTO): pipe is
stalled
xfered 1.34e+08 bytes in 4.2 seconds.  3.194e+07 bytes/sec.  cpu time =
0.71
0 underruns

Does this mean that I don't have the right USB or it is because I don't
have
the necessary files that I mentioned in question 1.

Appreciated for your help.
Melody
Michael D. (Guest)
Melody -

On May 4, 2007, at 2:57 PM, Melody S wrote:
> and I don't have the files usrp_firmware.ihx and usrp_fpga.rbf
>
> should I download them and install or this is because of subversion?

SVN trunk should install everything you need.  What install guide are
you using?  If Jon Jacky's, then he knows it's a bit out of date ;)

> time = 0.71
> 0 underruns
>
> Does this mean that I don't have the right USB or it is because I
> don't have the necessary files that I mentioned in question 1.

These are normal warning messages on Mac OSX.  The throughput is
marginally less than 32 MBps, and thus your USRP should work OK for
most USB communications (32 MBps is "ideal").  Try also the "./
test_usrp_standard_rx" program & see if it gets to 32 exactly.

Go into gnuradio-examples/python/usrp:

If your USRP has an FM capable card, try running:

pythonw usrp_wfm_rcv.py -f <good_local_FM_station>

If no FM card, try:

./benchmark_usb.py

And you might see similar messages as before, but it should usually
work up to 32 MBps.  This means GNU Radio is installed and being
accessed correctly! - MLD
Eric B. (Guest)
On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 03:08:15PM -0400, Michael D. wrote:

> Go into gnuradio-examples/python/usrp:
>
> If your USRP has an FM capable card, try running:
>
> pythonw usrp_wfm_rcv.py -f <good_local_FM_station>
>
> If no FM card, try:
>
> ./benchmark_usb.py

FYI, benchmark_usb is flaky.

You're better off using usrp_fft.py as your test.

> And you might see similar messages as before, but it should usually
> work up to 32 MBps.  This means GNU Radio is installed and being
> accessed correctly! - MLD

Eric