Forum: Ruby on Rails Anyone using Ruby-ldap with rails ?

fernand (Guest)

  Anyone using Ruby-ldap withing Apache + fcgi ?

We are trying to lookup some entries in ldap using ruby-ldap and our
scripts
work great from the cmd line, however when we run within apache2 + fcgi
we get
the following error:

ruby: error.c:264: ldap_parse_result: Assertion `(
(ld)->ld_options.ldo_valid ==
0x2 )' failed.

Any Ideas ?
marcel (Guest)
On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 02:39:23AM +0000, KiteSurfer wrote:
>   Anyone using Ruby-ldap withing Apache + fcgi ?
>
> We are trying to lookup some entries in ldap using ruby-ldap and our scripts
> work great from the cmd line, however when we run within apache2 + fcgi we get
> the following error:
>
> ruby: error.c:264: ldap_parse_result: Assertion `( (ld)->ld_options.ldo_valid ==
> 0x2 )' failed.
>
> Any Ideas ?

I don't have any tips about your specific error but you may be
interested in
the ActiveLDAP project. It aims to be ActiveRecord for LDAP:

http://dataspill.org/posts/show/4

marcel
--
Marcel Molina Jr. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
fernand (Guest)

Anyone running into this issue with Ruby-Ldap and is the Ruby-ldap
project
totally dead ?

Thanks...
matt (Guest)
On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 02:39:23AM +0000, KiteSurfer wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   Anyone using Ruby-ldap withing Apache + fcgi ?
>
> We are trying to lookup some entries in ldap using ruby-ldap and our scripts
> work great from the cmd line, however when we run within apache2 + fcgi we get
> the following error:
>
> ruby: error.c:264: ldap_parse_result: Assertion `( (ld)->ld_options.ldo_valid ==
> 0x2 )' failed.

This may not be very helpful but we are running Apache 1.3.33 + Rails
0.13.1 + FCGI Dev Kit 2.4.0 + ruby-fcgi 0.8.5 + OpenLDAP 2.2.26 +
ruby-ldap 0.9.1
on FreeBSD with no problems.

However, our use is bind & read-only...not sure if your error is related
to a write/modify operation.
KiteSurfer (Guest)
on 2005-11-24 06:31
Thanks for the reply Matt. We are binding and reading only. We have a
very similar configuration -Apache version. I am thinking either bailing
out of Apache2 or going lighttpd. Not sure if this is web server related
though...

Which LDAP server are you using ?

Thanks !!
matt (Guest)
On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 05:31:27AM +0100, KiteSurfer wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Matt. We are binding and reading only. We have a
> very similar configuration -Apache version. I am thinking either bailing
> out of Apache2 or going lighttpd. Not sure if this is web server related
> though...
>
> Which LDAP server are you using ?

We're actually using LDAP to speak with Microsoft's Active Directory,
both Win2K and Win2003 versions. Trouble-free so far...