Forum: Ruby on Rails ruby execute script

Lalala L. (Guest)
on 2007-05-02 01:13
Hi everyone
I'm trying to use scripts like ghost script and imagemagick
Can ruby call this script? I looking for something like  exec("convert
sample.pdf sample.jpeg")

thank you
Ball, Donald A Jr (Library) (Guest)
> Can ruby call this script? I looking for something like
> exec("convert sample.pdf sample.jpeg")

Sure, look at the Kernel.system and Kernel.exec methods, but you might
want to look at mini_magick for a ruby wrapper around command-line
imagemagick.

- donald