Forum: Ruby on Rails What are Cacher & GarbageCollector for?

jmay (Guest)
In the default environment.rb that is created with a new Rails app,
the following line is commented out:

# config.active_record.observers = :cacher, :garbage_collector

What are these two observers for?  I can't find documentation for
these anywhere.

Thanks,
-Jason
Rick O. (Guest)
On 4/30/07, jmay <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> In the default environment.rb that is created with a new Rails app,
> the following line is commented out:
>
> # config.active_record.observers = :cacher, :garbage_collector
>
> What are these two observers for?  I can't find documentation for
> these anywhere.

Those aren't real.  That line is used as an example.  If anything,
they're real observers for someone's app.  I mean, if you were going
to make them up, why not use something like:

# config.active_record.observers = :flux_capacitor

--
Rick O.
http://lighthouseapp.com