Forum: Ruby on Rails map.resources, restricting to only /index and /show

blinking bear (Guest)
Is there a way to restrict the routes that get generated by
map.resources to
only /index and /show?  On the frontend  have no need for edit and
delete.
DHH (Guest)
> Is there a way to restrict the routes that get generated by map.resources to
> only /index and /show?  On the frontend  have no need for edit and delete.

That's done automatically. Just don't implement edit and destroy
actions on the corresponding controller. People will get a 406 Not
Supported reply if they try.