Forum: Ruby on Rails Is inheiritance possible in layouts?

Dave (Guest)
Is it possible to have one layout extend another one?

For example:

normal.rhtml:
<stuff />
<%= @content_for_layout %>

extra_stuff.rhtml somehow extends normal.rhtml:
<morestuff />
<%= @content_for_layout %>
<evenmorestuff />

So any page that uses extra_stuff as its layout looks like this:
<stuff />
<morestuff />
<%= @content_for_layout %>
<evenmorestuff />

Is this possible to do? It would be really handy. Thanks in advance
for
the help!
Philip H. (Guest)
> Is it possible to have one layout extend another one?
>
> Is this possible to do? It would be really handy. Thanks in advance

http://www.google.com/search?q=nested+layouts+in+rails

4th link.
Herryanto S. (Guest)
Dave,

It looks very much like DRYML, part of Habo.

http://hobocentral.net/manual/chapters/3_dryml.html

For my case simple segment layout I'll just use helper method:

http://www.pluitsolutions.com/2007/02/07/rails-an-...
-yourself-dry-template/

Herry