Forum: Ruby on Rails ActionMailer with no auth

Ricardo A. (Guest)
Hello,

 How can I send mail via ActionMailer connecting to the SMTP server
with no Authentication?
I've tried to ommit the the authentication key on the configuration
hash, I've tried to set it to nil and all I get is an error message
saying that my server do not implement crum-MD5 authentication.
 I don't want to use authentication, how do I do that?

 Thanks

--
Ricardo A.
removed_email_address@domain.invalid

--Tim
Ricardo A. (Guest)
Yes, Didn't work.

On 4/30/07, Tim R. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Subject: [Rails] Re: ActionMailer with no auth
> > hash, I've tried to set it to nil and all I get is an error message

--
Ricardo A.
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Acras Desenvolvimento de Sistemas
+55+41-3232-6404
www.acras.net
Tim R. (Guest)
I looked this issue up in the rails cookbook and it says that
authentication
should be set to nil for no authentication. Have not actually done it
but it
sounds reasonable.

--Tim