Forum: Ruby How do i get involved in ruby core?

unknown (Guest)
Hi all,

I'd like to get involved in the development of ruby core, especially
with ruby 1.9 aka YARV coming out late this year.
Could anyone point me in the right direction?

I guess I'd be most interested in fixing small bugs to begin with, and
working up from there. I'm assuming there's a bug tracker with a list
of outstanding things to fix?

I had a look at http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/community/ruby-core/, but
i thought i'd ask here to see if i could get a bit more info too.

Cheers - Chris H.
Jano S. (Guest)
> I had a look at http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/community/ruby-core/, but
> i thought i'd ask here to see if i could get a bit more info too.
>
> Cheers - Chris H.

1. subscribe to ruby-core
2. the bugtracker is at http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?group_id=426
3. commit rights come later ;-)

J.
Yukihiro M. (Guest)
In message "Re: How do i get involved in ruby core?"
    on Thu, 26 Apr 2007 21:25:19 +0900, "Jano S."
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid> writes:

|> I'd like to get involved in the development of ruby core, especially
|> with ruby 1.9 aka YARV coming out late this year.
|> Could anyone point me in the right direction?

|1. subscribe to ruby-core
|2. the bugtracker is at http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?group_id=426
|3. commit rights come later ;-)

Yes, we are open for ideas, suggestions, bug reports and bug-fix
patches on ruby-core.  If you bother us enough with number of _right_
patches, we would give you commit right.

              matz.
unknown (Guest)
> |1. subscribe to ruby-core
> |2. the bugtracker is athttp://rubyforge.org/tracker/?group_id=426
> |3. commit rights come later ;-)
>
> Yes, we are open for ideas, suggestions, bug reports and bug-fix
> patches on ruby-core.  If you bother us enough with number of _right_
> patches, we would give you commit right.

Cheers - i'll subscribe to ruby core then.
I had a look at the bug tracker - it only had a handful of issues for
the 1.9.x group - am i looking at it right?
And of course you're right about the commit rights - thats exactly
what i'd expect.

Chris