Forum: Ruby ruby/vim folding question

ara.t.howard (Guest)
any ruby/vim gurus out there know how to fold only these:

   modules
   classes
   methods

based on syntax method folding?

fold level won't cut it here since i might have

   module A
     module B
       module C
         module D
           class C
             def method

??

-a
jim (Guest)
On 11/21/05, Ara.T.Howard <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> any ruby/vim gurus out there know how to fold only these:
>
>    modules
>    classes
>    methods
>
> based on syntax method folding?
>
> fold level won't cut it here since i might have

Not sure I understand the problem.
Folding works for me. I have

set foldmethod=syntax
set foldnestmax=5     " usually 3, but more for this case
gsinclair (Guest)
Ara.T.Howard wrote:
> any ruby/vim gurus out there know how to fold only these:
>
>    modules
>    classes
>    methods
>
> based on syntax method folding?

No, I don't know.

>          end
>        end
>      end
>    end

Good question, though!

Gavin
mfp (Guest)
On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 10:33:23AM +0900, Ara.T.Howard wrote:
> any ruby/vim gurus out there know how to fold only these:
>
>   modules
>   classes
>   methods

This is exactly the problem I tried to solve in
  http://eigenclass.org/hiki.rb?Usable+Ruby+folding+for+Vim

HTH
mfp (Guest)
On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 05:55:51PM +0900, Mauricio Fernández wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 10:33:23AM +0900, Ara.T.Howard wrote:
> > any ruby/vim gurus out there know how to fold only these:
> >
> >   modules
> >   classes
> >   methods
>
> This is exactly the problem I tried to solve in
>   http://eigenclass.org/hiki.rb?Usable+Ruby+folding+for+Vim

eigenclass.org has been down for ~4H this morning but it's back up, in
case
you still want to take a look.
gsinclair (Guest)
Mauricio Fernández wrote:

> eigenclass.org has been down for ~4H this morning but it's back up, in case
> you still want to take a look.

Gee, that looks awesome!  Might be enough to get me to use folding...

Gavin