Forum: Ruby on Rails this forum don't help development solving problem!!

modpriest (Guest)
I have been post almost 10 thread in ruby on rails group with
different user.

All i get is zero "000000000000000" nothing

I will never post thread on this forum again...
MenDAKE (Guest)
on 2007-04-25 18:07
modpriest wrote:
> I have been post almost 10 thread in ruby on rails group with
> different user.
>
> All i get is zero "000000000000000" nothing
>
> I will never post thread on this forum again...

Odd. I've received an answer to every one of my questions literally
within hours of posting them. Maybe it's just the way you're asking your
questions. For example, writing gigantic, complicated posts is a good
way to not get your questio answered because answering can be a daunting
or time consuming task. That's just an example. What's example of a
question you posted?
Richard L. (Guest)
modpriest,
  You will be missed. Everyday I check my RSS reader with the hope
that I might see a post which you authored. I dont know how I will
continue on. A life without modpriest is like a POST with no params,
an AR model with no attributes, a controller with no actions. I will
probably need some help for a while to get over my depression. Perhaps
someone can write a rails plugin that can search google groups for
your posts then return them in flash messages on every request...

Not to sound like a dick but some posts get responses others do not. I
noticed you posted about RoR hosting on godaddy, it could be that
those that read this group might not be knowledgeable about godaddy
hosting.
Try checking out some of the other hosting providers listed here,
http://nubyonrails.com/articles/2007/02/24/the-hos...

 - Richard
MichaelLatta (Guest)
I am sorry to hear that.  The most common reasons I find for not
replying to a post are:

1) The poster wants someone else to figure out their code.  Group
debugging is not likely to get many takers.
2) The poster does not appear to have put any effort into researching
the problem on their own.
3) The problem description is not clear enough to know what the answer
would be.  It is very rare for people to take the time to research
someone else's problem.  That is called consulting and people get paid
for that.

Once a post makes it past this screening criteria I have found many