Forum: Ruby on Rails Simple deployment

Ernst Beiglböck (Guest)
what is the simplest and most up-to-date method of deploying rails for
a site with very few users? I definitely don't need clustering. Should
I use Lighttpd? If yes, can someone point me to a site describing the
simplest configuration of Lighttpd?
Or should I use something else like Mongrel? And what about
Capistrano? I have no clue about that. Does it make sense to invest
the time in learning Capistrano when you don't ever need more than one
application server?
Thanks in advance!
Lg
Ernst from Austria

--
wer viel lest ist viel gebildet.
Desert P. (Guest)

Otherwise, it is very easy to use mongrel.

sudo gem install mongrel

then

mongrel_rails start

As far as deployment, Capistrono makes it easy to depoy via ssh.  But it
should not replace learning how to deploy via ssh.

IMHO, Don't mess with capistrano initially.  Just deploy using ssh and
subversion.

Good luck

Ernst Beiglböck wrote:
> Hi,
> what is the simplest and most up-to-date method of deploying rails for
> a site with very few users? I definitely don't need clustering. Should
> I use Lighttpd? If yes, can someone point me to a site describing the
> simplest configuration of Lighttpd?
> Or should I use something else like Mongrel? And what about
> Capistrano? I have no clue about that. Does it make sense to invest
> the time in learning Capistrano when you don't ever need more than one
> application server?
> Thanks in advance!
> Lg
> Ernst from Austria
>
> --
> wer viel lest ist viel gebildet.
Ernst Beiglböck (Guest)
Ok, thanks very much. So I take a look at mongrel (webrick's too slow
in my opinion) and try to deploy it via ssh.
Thanks!
Nice regards,
ernst

--