Forum: Ruby segfault4r-0.0.0

(Guest)
Segfault4r is a module that does nothing but cause a segfault. It can
be gem installed, but it was only tested on 64 bit suse. I created
this to start getting back in to c, and learn some of ruby's c api. I
am told there could be uses for it.

Example:

require "rubygems"
require "segfault"

Segfault.now
puts "Forgive me matz."

Project pages:
http://rubyforge.org/projects/segfault4r/
http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/segfault4r/

Read it:
http://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/3491/925/README.txt

Let know if there are any comments or questions.

Stephen B. IV
sbeckeriv #gmail#com
Joel VanderWerf (Guest)

> Segfault.now
> puts "Forgive me matz."

Why not just this?

Process.kill("SEGV", Process.pid)
Brian C. (Guest)
On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 04:27:35AM +0900, removed_email_address@domain.invalid
wrote:
> Segfault4r is a module that does nothing but cause a segfault.

I guess this must be a very tiny module?

irb(main):001:0> Process.kill 'SEGV', 0
(irb):1: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.4 (2005-12-24) [i486-linux]

Aborted