Forum: Ruby on Rails can you style form elements?

Daniel S. (Guest)
I have a small login partial, that is just 2 text_field_tags and a
submit button...

Is there a way to make them a little smaller? This is supposed to be a
small partial right under the navigation bar, but whatever the default
elements are, are pretty large and unattractive unless they would be a
little smaller.

An example of what I'm going for is the login at the top of the
directv page. http://www.directv.com

Thanks guys
Scott W. (Guest)
Of course you can.    Try something like:

<input type="text" style="width:30px;height:10px";/>

scott.
On Apr 20, 2007, at 2:01 PM, AbsolutZero wrote:

> directv page. http://www.directv.com
>
> Thanks guys

Here, in fact is the exact CSS applied to the your example input tag:

#membersLogin input.login {
   display:inline !important;
   margin:3px 5px 0px 0px;
   width:66px;
   border:1px solid #CCC;
}
John I. (Guest)
and your input boxes would have a class of login

<input type="text" class="login" />