Forum: Ruby on Rails OT: Make an outgoing phonecall

Nick C. (Guest)
on 2007-04-20 22:45
We're starting a project where we need to make outgoing phonecalls that
will play a pre-recorded message to the logged-in user.

The only service I can find to do this is jaduka.com, however they don't
allow calls outside the US and Canada. We need to make our calls to
Netherlands phone numbers.

Anyone know of any web-based services that we could use?

TIA
Nick
Duzenbury, Rich (Guest)
Hiya,

Spend an hour installing AsteriskNow.  Get a VOIP account at Voxee or
some such, and then build up a script to make the calls.  It's not a
no-brainer, but certainly do-able.

Regards,

Rich D.
Kurth Bemis (Guest)
I second that.  I'm a longtime Asterisk fan.

Check out: http://rubyforge.org/projects/ruby-agi/

or just Google ruby asterisk, search yields plenty of results.

~k

On 4/20/07, Duzenbury, Rich <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> > phonecalls that will play a pre-recorded message to the
> >
> > --

Ozone Computer
Computer Consulting, Services and Sales.
1 Main Street
Springfield, Vermont
1-802-885-8030
1-888-321-OZONE