Forum: Ruby Ruby for Linux on zSeries

Julian I. Kamil (Guest)
Hi, does anyone know if Ruby has been ported to the zSeries Linux
platform and what its status is?

Thanks.

Julian I. Kamil <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Patrick H. (Guest)
On 4/20/07, Julian I. Kamil <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hi, does anyone know if Ruby has been ported to the zSeries Linux
> platform and what its status is?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Julian I. Kamil <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>

I have built it without any problem in a 31bit VM and will be doing
the same in a 64bit one next week. This was on a SLES VM. I did not
use a ruby package, but had no problem doing the build.

pth
Philip N. (Guest)
Julian I. Kamil wrote:

> Hi, does anyone know if Ruby has been ported to the zSeries Linux
> platform and what its status is?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Julian I. Kamil <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>

It is certainly available as a package for SuSE Linux Enterprise Server,
as
part of the SLE SDK -

http://forgeftp.novell.com/susesdk/

And this updated package notification would confirm it is -

http://support.novell.com/techcenter/psdb/b9b7d69c...
Julian I. Kamil (Guest)
On Apr 20, 4:37 pm, Philip N. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> http://forgeftp.novell.com/susesdk/
>
> And this updated package notification would confirm it is -
>
> http://support.novell.com/techcenter/psdb/b9b7d69c......

Thanks for the info, that's very helpful!
Julian I. Kamil (Guest)
On Apr 20, 4:34 pm, "Patrick H." <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> the same in a 64bit one next week. This was on a SLES VM. I did not
> use a ruby package, but had no problem doing the build.
>
> pth

I'm on Fedora VM, hopefully I won't have any trouble building it as
well.  What I'd really like to do is to be able to run Rails on that
platform eventually.
Charles Oliver N. (Guest)
Julian I. Kamil wrote:
> Hi, does anyone know if Ruby has been ported to the zSeries Linux
> platform and what its status is?

I know some folks have been using JRuby on zSeries for a few apps.

- Charlie