Forum: Ruby E Texteditor

Sean McFarland (Guest)
Hello,
     In my continuing review of various IDE's, I've come across E
Texteditor
for Windows. Though not free like others (notably jEdit), it is still
rather
cheap at under $40. Has anyone tried / use this on a regular basis for
Ruby
and, if so, what is your take on it?
     Thanks in advance,
          Sean
Harold H. (Guest)
On 4/20/07, Sean McFarland <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hello,
>      In my continuing review of various IDE's, I've come across E Texteditor
> for Windows. Though not free like others (notably jEdit), it is still rather
> cheap at under $40. Has anyone tried / use this on a regular basis for Ruby
> and, if so, what is your take on it?
>      Thanks in advance,
>           Sean

I've been using it for a couple of months for Ruby stuff and I think
it's awesome.

From what I hear it pales in comparison to TextMate on the mac (the
app that its aping), but alas, some of us are stuck doing work on the
dominant desktop platform. (thats a joke, please don't start a flame
war)

From what I've read it's actually going to be free throughout the beta
period so I'd say there's no reason not to check it out.

hth,
-Harold
Jason R. (Guest)
E *is* TextMate for Windows, and the author of E has worked quite
closely
with the author of TextMate to make sure that bundles work on both
editors.
E obviously doesn't have every little feature of TM yet, but it's
getting
there.

It's a 30-day free trial, I suggest you check it out, especially if you
are
a TextMate lover and cannot use a Mac.

Jason