Forum: Ruby on Rails Most common production OS

Blake M. (Guest)
on 2007-04-19 17:05
What OS do you deploy to?  What is your average uptime?  What database
are you using?
Peter De Berdt (Guest)
On 19 Apr 2007, at 15:05, Blake M. wrote:

> What OS do you deploy to?  What is your average uptime?  What database
> are you using?

Ubuntu Dapper Drake, Apache 2.2, mongrel cluster, MySQL 5. I haven't
rebooted my server since we first started it up six months ago.

Best regards

Peter De Berdt
Brian H. (Guest)
Windows Server 2003 and Ubuntu.  Using IIS + Mongrel on Windows, using
nginx
+ mongrel on Ubuntu.   (ducks to avoid flying objects from the Windows
haters)

Ubuntu is much better. Windows is something you should do only if you
have
to... it's not bad, in fact it can be very stable... but it's much
slower in
terms of requests / second.