Forum: Ruby on Rails Do active_record_store sessions expire by default?

Michael C. (Guest)
on 2007-04-18 02:34
If I'm not wrong, standard temp-file sessions expire when the active
window closes, does the same go for active_record_store sessions or must
they be emptied through specific instructions?

Thanks.
Xavier N. (Guest)
On Apr 18, 2007, at 12:34 AM, Peter Cho wrote:

> If I'm not wrong, standard temp-file sessions expire when the active
> window closes, does the same go for active_record_store sessions or
> must
> they be emptied through specific instructions?

Session expiration equals session _cookie_ expiration.

By default the cookie has no expiration date, which means it expires
when the user closes the browser. You can set a fixed expiration
window with

   ActionController::Base.session_options[:session_expires] = something

and dynamic expiration with this plugin

   http://agilewebdevelopment.com/plugins/dynamic_session_exp

The very database cleanup has to be done by hand. Just put a cron
task that deletes old records in the sessions table.

-- fxn
Michael C. (Guest)
on 2007-04-18 05:39
Alright, thanks.