Forum: Ruby on Rails how to get the content of text_area

feng (Guest)
on 2007-04-13 19:42
dear all,

how can I get the content  of text_area, if I dont due to the submit of
form?

(ex. a link_to outside the form)

thanks
Bill W. (Guest)
feng wrote:

> how can I get the content  of text_area, if I dont due to
> the submit of form?
>
> (ex. a link_to outside the form)

You could use observe_field and get it via an Ajax call.  This assumes
the
visitor has JS enabled.

hth,
Bill