Forum: Ruby zentest 3.5.0 Released

Ryan D. (Guest)
HOLY CRAP! zentest version 3.5.0 has been released and it is HUOOOGE!!!

   http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/Products/zentest/

ZenTest provides 4 different tools and 1 library: zentest, unit_diff,
autotest, multiruby, and Test::Rails.

ZenTest scans your target and unit-test code and writes your missing
code based on simple naming rules, enabling XP at a much quicker
pace. ZenTest only works with Ruby and Test::Unit.

unit_diff is a command-line filter to diff expected results from
actual results and allow you to quickly see exactly what is wrong.

autotest is a continous testing facility meant to be used during
development. As soon as you save a file, autotest will run the
corresponding dependent tests.

multiruby runs anything you want on multiple versions of ruby. Great
for compatibility checking!

Test::Rails helps you build industrial-strength Rails code.

Changes:

*** 3.5.0 / 2007-04-12

+ 4 major enhancements:
     + Now requires RubyGems 0.9.1 or newer.
     + Autotest and unit_diff are both unbuffered. Results are more
live.
     + Refactored and redesigned how files map to test from Sean
Carley. See fixtures plugin as an example.
     + Generalize how autotest handler is instantiated and invoked,
allowing for many more autotest types, including combos.
+ 23 minor enhancements:
     + Added all_good hook if initial run was all_good as well.
     + Added assert_in_epsilon to ZentestAssertions.
     + Added autotest plugin to auto-update source ala tinderbox/
cruisecontrol.
     + Added autotest plugin to update ichat/adium IM status with
code stats.
     + Added autotest plugin to update the GNU screen statusbar from
Yuichi Tateno.
     + Added autotest syntax error handling from Ryan P..
     + Added autotest/emacs emacs integration plugin!!! YAY!
     + Added autotest/migrate.rb.
     + Added camping support from Geoffrey Grossenbach.
     + Added changed file reporting to autotest via -v flag.
     + Added informative summary and filtering via ENV['VERSIONS'] to
multiruby.
     + Added libnotify support from Kazuo Saito.
     + Added lots of rdoc patches from Hugh S..
     + Added rjs files to view_test_case.
     + Added rspec_autotest "stolen" from caldersphere.net
     + Added run_command hook to trigger the start of a test run.
     + Added tmp to rails' exceptions list.
     + Added unit_diff command variable to autotest for customizing
flags and such.
     + Added zentest_mapping.rb and test.
     + Allow session to work in Test::Rails view tests.
     + Improved autotest/growl.rb output from imajes.
     + Improved autotest/timestamp output from Josh S..
     + Test::Rails works with Rails 1.2.
+ 2 bug fixes:
     + Accelerated Test::Rails unit tests via sensible defaults.
     + Better assertion messages for ZentestAssertions.

   http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/Products/zentest/
Ryan D. (Guest)
(sorry for repost if any)

On Apr 12, 2007, at 17:30 , Ryan D. wrote:

> HOLY CRAP! zentest version 3.5.0 has been released and it is
> HUOOOGE!!!

and I totally forgot one:

functional_test_matrix.rb has been added!

Read about that here: http://blog.zenspider.com/archives/2007/04/
functional_test_matrix_a_visualization.html
Ryan D. (Guest)