Forum: Ruby Training in London

lookfortrain (Guest)
on 2007-04-13 03:22
Anyone know some good training courses in ruby in London for first time
programmers and possibly ruby on rails?
Ali Y (Guest)
I dont know but if anyone finds a good one we can go together. (ldondon)
Eleanor McHugh (Guest)
On 13 Apr 2007, at 00:22, lookfortrain wrote:
> Anyone know some good training courses in ruby in London for first
> time
> programmers and possibly ruby on rails?

No, but if you make it along to Monday's LRUG meeting I'd be happy to
discuss the basics with you in the pub afterwards.

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains
----
Ali Y (Guest)
hey can I come on monday too? :P
Eleanor McHugh (Guest)
On 13 Apr 2007, at 13:29, Ali Y wrote:
> hey can I come on monday too? :P

As long as you provide the requisite libation I don't see why not ;p

Ellie

Being and Doing are merely useful abstractions for the 'time'-
dependent asymmetries of phase space.
David A. Black (Guest)
Hi --

On 4/12/07, lookfortrain <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Anyone know some good training courses in ruby in London for first time
> programmers and possibly ruby on rails?

Skills Matter (http://www.skillsmatter.com) have Rails courses, though
I'm not sure about the suitability for first-time programmers.  You
might contact them anyway; they're very involved in the London
Ruby/Rails scene (they co-produced RailsConf Europe last year and they
host the London RUG meetings.

David
Ali Y (Guest)
Er I'm not really a boozer. Can I drink softdrinks LULZ.
Nah I can manage, but I hate beer, VODKA for me please.
Ali Y (Guest)
On a serious note, are there any fees for entrance and other
requirements ?
Eleanor McHugh (Guest)
On 13 Apr 2007, at 14:32, Ali Y wrote:
> On a serious note, are there any fees for entrance and other
> requirements ?

No, LRUG (http://lrug.org) is a free public event each month. It
normally lasts a couple of hours and then we all decamp to a nearby
pub for the usual user-group silliness.

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains