Forum: Ruby on Rails Re: Follow-Up: Receiving Inbound Email and Creating Data in

unknown (Guest)
Julien,

Thanks, I will probably end up with backgroundrb, which I have used in
other situations with good results.  I have just been trying to toy
around and find something that would work and be a little more simple.

Thanks to all for the help.  Julien, post a followup with you results if
time allows.

Thanks,
Nathan
Sai E. (Guest)
One suggestion:

      imap.search(['ALL']).each do |message_id|
        msg = imap.fetch(message_id,'RFC822')[0].attr['RFC822']
        envelope = imap.fetch(message_id, "ENVELOPE")
[0].attr["ENVELOPE"]
        Mailman.receive(msg)
        #Mark message as deleted and it will be removed from storage
when user session closd
        imap.store(message_id, "+FLAGS", [:Deleted])
      end

Then you shouldn't need to delete separately.

- Sai
Nathan L. (Guest)
On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 22:58 +0000, Sai E. wrote:
>       end
>
> Then you shouldn't need to delete separately.
>
> - Sai

Sai,

Thanks, I will give this a try.  I appreciate the help.

Nathan