Forum: Ruby OCI8 binary_double

Dave B. (Guest)
on 2007-04-11 20:10
I'm using the latest OCI8 lib and the Oracle instantclient 10.  All
works well until I try to interact with a table containing a
binary_double type field. I get: "RuntimeError: unsupported datatype:
101"

Does OCI8 support the binary_double datatype?

Thanks!
Dave
Takehiro K. (Guest)

On 4/12/07, Dave B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I'm using the latest OCI8 lib and the Oracle instantclient 10.  All
> works well until I try to interact with a table containing a
> binary_double type field. I get: "RuntimeError: unsupported datatype:
> 101"
>
> Does OCI8 support the binary_double datatype?

No yet. But here is a patch.
  http://rubyforge.org/forum/message.php?msg_id=20032