Forum: GNU Radio TV card SDR

Hew How Chee (Guest)

For anyone interested, the CX2388x TV card chipset raw
ADC data driver for Linux kernel 2.6.18 is available
at

http://www.geocities.com/how_chee/cx23881fc6.htm

A GNU Radio Python FM demodulation code is provided
also to see how the ADC samples are converted and
processed offline.

Regards,
Hew
p/s : the site might become unavailable due to
bandwidth limit.

Hew How Chee wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For anyone interested, the CX2388x TV card chipset raw
> ADC data driver for Linux kernel 2.6.18 is available
> at
>
> http://www.geocities.com/how_chee/cx23881fc6.htm

I wrote gr-cxadc  which is a gnuradio wrapper to use the cxadc driver
from any gnuradio script, just like the gr-usrp does for the usrp.
So you don't need to capture to file first anymore.
I also wrote some example scripts which work fine (including GUI).
I haven't implemented tuning yet, because we need a mor general approach
for the different tuners out-there.
(Maybe use the way this is done in v4l drivers)

For now I just hooked the IF-output of my TVRX to the video-input of the
cx2388xx TV-tuner card.
(I then can tune the TVRX tuner using the usrp, but all the capturing is
done using the tv-card / cxadc)

You can find the files at:
http://www.olifantasia.com/projects/gnuradio/mdvh/...

cxadc_examples.tar.gz  example scripts (copied from usrp examples and
modified to work with gr-cxadc)
  cx2388x_oscope.py
  cxadc_fft.py
  cxadc_rx_cfile.py
  cxadc_wfm_rcv.py
  cxadc_wfm_rcv_nogui.py
cxadc_v3.tar.gz    The kernel driver written by Hew How Chee
gr-cxadc-0.1cvs.tar.gz  The gnuradio code to use it from gnuradio

I also added it all to my section of the svn repository at:
http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/branches...

Make sure you read cxadc_v3/readme and the page by Hew How Chee at
http://www.geocities.com/how_chee/cx23881fc6.htm

Greetings,
Martin
Umberto I. (Guest)