Forum: Ruby on Rails actions and controllers question

nubyonrails37 (Guest)
----- NOOB ALERT -----

When an action is called within a single controller -- see below --
how do i hop to another controller, say to add a link that I want the
user to be able to click to edit or view another table?  cuz when i
try link_to 'Edit', action => ???? i can't figure out how to make the
jump.

<%= link_to 'Edit', :action => 'edit', :id => @scoreboard %> |
<%= link_to 'Back', :action => 'list' %>
Philip H. (Guest)
> When an action is called within a single controller -- see below --
> how do i hop to another controller, say to add a link that I want the
> user to be able to click to edit or view another table?  cuz when i
> try link_to 'Edit', action => ???? i can't figure out how to make the
> jump.
>
> <%= link_to 'Edit', :action => 'edit', :id => @scoreboard %> |

<%= link_to 'Edit', :controller => 'my_other_controller', :action =>
'edit', :id => @scoreboard %> |
nubyonrails37 (Guest)
coolness... thanks, Phillip.