Forum: Ruby on Rails Ruby string parsing

Nick (Guest)
on 2007-04-02 19:55
I'm fairly new to Ruby and I've got a question concerning string
parsing.  If I want to take a comma-delimited string of words and put
each word into an array, how would I do it?

Example:
string = "one, two, three, four"

Thanks!
Rich M. (Guest)
At 5:55 PM +0200 4/2/07, Nick wrote:
> I'm fairly new to Ruby and I've got a question concerning string
> parsing.  If I want to take a comma-delimited string of words and
> put each word into an array, how would I do it?
>
> Example:
> string = "one, two, three, four"

>> string.split(/,\s*/)
=> ["one", "two", "three", "four"]

-r

Note - Generic Ruby questions should probably be addressed to
       removed_email_address@domain.invalid
--
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm            Rich M.
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     removed_email_address@domain.invalid

Jason R. (Guest)
array = string.split(',')

or to make sure there's no extra white space (I think)

array = string.split(',\s*')

Please go read:

http://www.rubycentral.com/book/

and check out