Forum: GNU Radio Problem with "usrp_spectrum_sense.py"

DiX (Guest)
Hi guys,

     I am trying to scan the channel6 of 802.11b with
"usrp_spectrum_sense.py". However it fails with the following error:

 Using RX d'board A: TV Rx
 Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./usrp_spectrum_sense.py", line 236, in ?
     fg = my_graph()
   File "./usrp_spectrum_sense.py", line 169, in __init__
     stats = gr.bin_statistics_f(self.fft_size, self.msgq,
 AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'bin_statistics_f'

Other example codes run well on my RFX2400. My swig version is 1.3.29.
Gnuradio version 3.0.

Any help is appreciated.

DiX
Matt E. (Guest)
DiX wrote:
>  Hi guys, I am trying to scan the channel6 of 802.11b with
>  "usrp_spectrum_sense.py". However it fails with the following error:
>  Using RX d'board A: TV Rx Traceback

Your problem is that the TVRX only goes up to 860 MHz, so it can't tune
to 802.11 channels at 2.4 GHz.  If you have both the TVRX and an RFX2400
installed, you need to tell the program which you want to use using the
"-R A" or "-R B" command line options.

Matt
Eric B. (Guest)
On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 08:23:23AM -0700, DiX wrote:
>    File "./usrp_spectrum_sense.py", line 169, in __init__
>      stats = gr.bin_statistics_f(self.fft_size, self.msgq,
>  AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'bin_statistics_f'
>
> Other example codes run well on my RFX2400. My swig version is 1.3.29.
> Gnuradio version 3.0.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> DiX

(1) bin_statistics_f is in the trunk, not in any of the tarballs.
(2) For the trunk you'll need to use SWIG 1.3.31

Eric
DiX (Guest)
Eric B. wrote:

So I should update the SWIG to 1.3.31, right?  Then how to  call
bin_statistics_f  that is not in the Gnuradio 3.0 please? Thanks in
advance.

DiX
DiX wrote:
> So I should update the SWIG to 1.3.31, right?  Then how to  call
> bin_statistics_f  that is not in the Gnuradio 3.0 please? Thanks in advance.
>
> DiX

You'll want to uninstall the code you're using from the tarballs and
install from the trunk. To install from the trunk, see:

http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/BuildGuide

Also, check the OS-specific instructions below.

-Dan
DiX (Guest)
Dan H. wrote:

> http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/BuildGuide
>
> Also, check the OS-specific instructions below.
>
> -Dan

Thanks.
 I will try the trunk on another PC without removing the gnuradio 3.0
from
my current workstation ; )

 DiX