Forum: Ruby on Rails auto_complete_for function

Jean-sébastien J. (Guest)
hello,

  i've a problem by using text_field_with_autocomplete.
when i use parameters in the header of my function in works :
auto_complete_for :user :login

but i use the function "auto_complete_for_user_login" it doesn't work.

any ideas?

thank you.
Xavier N. (Guest)
On Mar 29, 2007, at 2:45 AM, Jean-Sébastien wrote:

> hello,
>
>   i've a problem by using text_field_with_autocomplete.
> when i use parameters in the header of my function in works :
> auto_complete_for :user :login
>
> but i use the function "auto_complete_for_user_login" it doesn't work.

Can you explain in what sense it does not work? Is the method
reached? Is it called but no completion returns?

-- fxn
Jean-sébastien J. (Guest)
function isn't reached at all.
Jean-sébastien J. (Guest)
i've found what was the matter. "auto_complete_for" function was
declared as protected :(.
thank you anyway Xavier.

On Mar 29, 10:43 am, "Jean-Sébastien" <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>