Forum: Ruby on Rails [ANN] New RoR site - and thanks

Bill W. (Guest)
Just a quick note to let you know I've publicly launched the site I've
been working on.  It's my first hands-on project in 15 years and I would
not have been able to accomplish it without Rails and the tremendous
community here.  Unless you're concerned about the privacy of personal
health information or have friends / family working in dangerous
industries like heavy construction, you probably won't think it's that
cool.  Actually, I don't think of it as cool.  Just needed.  Anyway, I'd
be very glad to have any feedback from anyone who can make the time to
take a look.  And thanks to all of you who've helped me get here.

The site's at www.YourTimeMatters.com

Best regards,
Bill
Ezra Z. (Guest)
On Mar 28, 2007, at 5:34 AM, Bill W. wrote:

> The site's at www.YourTimeMatters.com
>
> Best regards,
> Bill

  Congratulations Bill! You've been working on that for a while now
I've noticed.

Cheers-
-- Ezra Z.
-- Lead Rails Evangelist
-- removed_email_address@domain.invalid
-- Engine Y., Serious Rails Hosting
-- (866) 518-YARD (9273)
Bill W. (Guest)
Hi Ezra,

Ezra Z. wrote:

> Congratulations Bill!

Thanks, Ezra. I appreciate that very much.  Backgroundrb was a critical
component and I really appreciate the help you gave me.

> You've been working on that for a while now I've noticed.

Almost a year.  After being out of hands-on development for 15 years,
there
was a lot more to learn than I realized.  The medical XML standard that
underlies the site was one of the more difficult.  Rails was one of the
easier ;-)  Seriously though, without Rails to stand on and the
tremendous
support here, it wouldn't have been possible.

Thanks again,
Bill