Forum: Ruby on Rails how test emails?

david (Guest)
on 2007-03-27 22:32
hi, i'm writing all following TDD, but what about a mail system, how can
i test it? how can i test that a mail has been sent? have i to use a
mock?
Phlip (Guest)
david wrote:

> hi, i'm writing all following TDD, but what about a mail system, how can
> i test it? how can i test that a mail has been sent? have i to use a
> mock?

ActionMailer has a mock system built in. Read your test.rb and
test_helper.rb files, then either use it or learn from it.

--
  Phlip
  http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ZeekLand  <-- NOT a blog!!
Phlip wrote:

> ActionMailer has a mock system built in. Read your test.rb and
> test_helper.rb files, then either use it or learn from it.

do you have a link to a guide?
thanks!
Jeff C. (Guest)
On Mar 27, 6:01 pm, david <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> do you have a link to a guide?
> thanks!

Agile Web D. with Rails, 2nd Ed. has an excellent chapter on
testing email.

http://pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/rails/index.html

You can get just the .pdf if you want to.

Jeff