Forum: Ruby on Rails local network

longinos (Guest)
on 2007-03-26 22:12
Can ruby on rails be shared in a local network, with no internet
conection?
let's say a hardware store, for intentory, administration etc.
is that posible? or is ror only for intenet ?
I'm asking this, because, I'm intrested in learning ruby on rails, to
make a web site, but I want to make an inventory and administration
program, and I don't want to learn one language for each program, if a
can do both programs with the same language, it would be perfect
thanks
Philip H. (Guest)
> Can ruby on rails be shared in a local network, with no internet
> conection?

Yes.  As far as the network is concerned Rails is just another
website...