Forum: Ruby on Rails How put the project online ?

Needhelp (Guest)
on 2007-03-26 16:15
I working in my first project and i need now to upload the files.

Question : on my project has many files without use (like the test´s and
others) how can i send only the "production" files
Phlip (Guest)
Needhelp wrote:

> I working in my first project and i need now to upload the files.

Does the new /Agile Web D. with Rails/ edition cover
Capistrano?

> Question : on my project has many files without use (like the test´s and
> others) how can i send only the "production" files

Generally speaking, you don't. Capistrano will upload your entire
source. If it's written correctly, your end users won't see any tests.
And don't worry about file space. If your site succeeds, its data will
far outweigh its source.

--
  Phlip
  http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ZeekLand  <-- NOT a blog!!
> Generally speaking, you don't. Capistrano will upload your entire
> source. If it's written correctly, your end users won't see any tests.
> And don't worry about file space. If your site succeeds, its data will
> far outweigh its source.

Oh, using "Capistrano", thank you.
I am reading about, and if you has some nice article about, post it.

Thanks Phil.