Forum: Ruby Rubyforge login failure?

Leslie V. (Guest)
Hiya people

I can't retrieve the rubyforge login page - is it just me?

Les
Farrel L. (Guest)
On 26/03/07, Leslie V. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hiya people
>
> I can't retrieve the rubyforge login page - is it just me?
>
> Les

Hi Leslie,

I had issues a month or two ago with Rubyforge due to Telkom's
transparent proxying. Eventually I found a proxy from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Piet_Delport/SAIX_Proxies that
seemed to work. Experiment with those and see if you find one that
works.

Cheers
Farrel
Leslie V. (Guest)
On 3/26/07, Farrel L. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> transparent proxying. Eventually I found a proxy from
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Piet_Delport/SAIX_Proxies that
> seemed to work. Experiment with those and see if you find one that
> works.

I have used one of these and the page loads much faster, but when I
try to log in, I just get sent endlessly back to the login page.

How did you find out about the problem?
Leslie V. (Guest)
Ah, I see the proxy does not work on the SSL port 443. Could be the
problem.
Farrel L. (Guest)
On 26/03/07, Leslie V. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > I had issues a month or two ago with Rubyforge due to Telkom's
> > transparent proxying. Eventually I found a proxy from
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Piet_Delport/SAIX_Proxies that
> > seemed to work. Experiment with those and see if you find one that
> > works.
>
> I have used one of these and the page loads much faster, but when I
> try to log in, I just get sent endlessly back to the login page.
>
> How did you find out about the problem?

That's the same problem I had (being sent back to the login page).
Eventually one of those proxies worked for me. I'm not at home at the
moment so I can tell you which one I use at the moment. Will update
the thread when I get home.

Farrel
Leslie V. (Guest)
On 3/26/07, Farrel L. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> That's the same problem I had (being sent back to the login page).
> Eventually one of those proxies worked for me. I'm not at home at the
> moment so I can tell you which one I use at the moment. Will update
> the thread when I get home.

Thanks, I'll be very grateful. Kinda sad that all of South Africa
can't log in to RubyForge.