Forum: Ruby on Rails mongrell issues "HTTP element REQUEST_URI is longer than the

jimache (Guest)
Hi every one,

I use a couple of urls that base64 encode a rather complex query into
the URI.
I get this error on mongrel "HTTP element REQUEST_URI is longer than
the 512 allowed length". Is there any way around this ?!?

Any input is appreciated.

Thank you,
javier ramirez (Guest)
> I use a couple of urls that base64 encode a rather complex query into
> the URI.
> I get this error on mongrel "HTTP element REQUEST_URI is longer than
> the 512 allowed length". Is there any way around this ?!?

no idea if there is a better way, but POST should let you pass a
biiiiiiig request, so maybe you can try posting instead of getting the
url.

i know the idea after POST is not this, since you are making a query and
not changing the status of the server, but it's easy and it should work.

regards,

javier ramirez

--
--------
Estamos de estreno... si necesitas llevar el control de tus gastos
jimache wrote:

> I use a couple of urls that base64 encode a rather
> complex query into the URI.  I get this error on
> mongrel "HTTP element REQUEST_URI is longer than
> the 512 allowed length". Is there any way around this ?!?

You might try passing the query, or the search terms to construct it,
along
as params.

Just a thought.  Probably not one you haven't already thought of ;-)

Bill