Forum: Ruby Ruby equivalent of filepart

Siddharth D. (Guest)
on 2007-03-22 19:58
I'm looking for a Ruby equivalent of Java's Jakarta HTTP FilePart.

I basically need to send out a post request that contains an uploaded
file to a REST API.

Now the client code that they normally use is Jakarta HTTP. Whose
definition of a multipart post containing a file is here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/metho...

I need help to do this in Ruby. Anyone has nay thoughts on this?
Sid.
Brian C. (Guest)
On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 02:58:37AM +0900, Siddharth Dawara wrote:
> I'm looking for a Ruby equivalent of Java's Jakarta HTTP FilePart.
>
> I basically need to send out a post request that contains an uploaded
> file to a REST API.
>
> Now the client code that they normally use is Jakarta HTTP. Whose
> definition of a multipart post containing a file is here:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/metho...
>
> I need help to do this in Ruby. Anyone has nay thoughts on this?

If you google for "ruby multipart post" you'll find some solutions.

I believe also that Rails has some components which can do this.