Forum: Ruby on Rails multiple rails versions + mysql error

magic_hat (Guest)
I'm running rails 1.2.2 and mysql 5 on my linux server.

I recently had to install the rails 1.1.6 gem to run an app that
requires it, and now I'm getting "Mysql::Error: Lost connection to
MySQL server during query" on most urls in the app. The app was
hitting the database with no problem s when I ran it using rails
1.2.2, and i'm using an identical database.yml, so I know the login
credentials are valid.

Any suggestions?
Peter De Berdt (Guest)
On 22 Mar 2007, at 17:47, magic_hat wrote:

> I'm running rails 1.2.2 and mysql 5 on my linux server.
>
> I recently had to install the rails 1.1.6 gem to run an app that
> requires it, and now I'm getting "Mysql::Error: Lost connection to
> MySQL server during query" on most urls in the app. The app was
> hitting the database with no problem s when I ran it using rails
> 1.2.2, and i'm using an identical database.yml, so I know the login
> credentials are valid.

You'd been better off just putting Rails 1.1.6 in the vendor folder
instead of installing the two gems.

Best regards

Peter De Berdt
magic_hat (Guest)
I've got 1.1.6 running in the vendor folder now, and I'm still getting
the lost connection error.